Logo

Girl dies after consuming wild mushroom curry



Palpa, June 9. A girl has died at Sarkidanda of Jhiruwas in Nisdi rural municipality after eating curry made of mushroom collected from forest. The victim is nine-year-old Nirmala Singh Thakuri. She died while undergoing treatment at the Purano Medical College in Chitwan. Chief of Palpa district police, Senior Superintendent Bishwamani Pokharel, said the girl died and nine more people have fallen ill after eating curry made of the wild mushroom.

Those who have fallen ill include four-year-old Bishnu Singh Thakuri; 45-year-old Puran Khamcha; his wife Chandri Khamcha, 40; their daughter Nirmala Khamcha, 15; Prem Bahadur Singh Thakuri, 81; Daan Kumari Singh, 30; seven-year-old Suman Singh; Dhan Kumari Singh and Niruta Singh Thakuri. They are members of four separate families and are undergoing treatment at Madhyabindu Hospital in Nawalpur.

They had consumed the wild mushroom curry on Friday evening and were taken ill on Saturday. Police said some of the sick are in serious condition.

प्रकाशित मिति : २६ जेष्ठ २०७६, आईतवार ११:४७
प्रतिक्रिया दिनुहोस्